The challenge for this month was Cookie(s).
first thing that popped into my head for this challenge was Oreo
cookies. I love them. I had also been wanting to make something with
lips covered with Angelina fibers so this project was perfect. The
cookie is raw edge appliqued from dark brown fabric. Black marker and
black thread quilting was used for the cookie details. The fingernails
were painted on with pink and pearl fabric paint. The teeth are made
from white satin. The lips are made from some of my hand dyed fabric,
overlayed with pink Angelina. I used quilting to enhance the face and
fingers. The piece is 9" by 13.5"
This is a cookie bouquet. I cut the cookie flower shapes using my Go
Baby cutter. I used beads and buttons from my collection/stash to
create several embellished layers to each cookie. I tried to attached
wooden skewers for the stems - much like what you would see if you
ordered a cookie bouquet but I could not quite get them attached the way
I envisioned. I need to give more thought about how to do the stems.
The piece is tied rather than quilted.
The idea that immediately came to my mind was fortune cookies. I
created a Chinese food take-out box using fabric and timtex.The cookies
are made from upholstery samples, fusible interfacing and wire embedded
to help them bend and hold shape. At a yard sale I found a pair of
decorative chop sticks. Each cookie will have a fortune. These pieces
will be assembled on to a backround.
(picture to follow when project is completed)